VERT Challenge #1 Progress
The folks at nCircle Blog have posted a VERT Challenge, and hopefully more to come. You can check out the details at their blog, but I'll be posting my progress here and we'll see how far I can get before I either a.) give up, or b.) someone else gets it, or c.) hopefully win!
Anyways the requirements are as so:
- Locate the WinNY application Online (Both Versions 1 and 2)
- Determine how to perform proper WinNY detection. (remotely -- via the listening TCP port)
What you need to provide in order to win:
- Any encryption, authentication or hashing used for communication.
- A breakdown of the information provided by WinNY when you connect to it.
- The unencrypted strings that distinquish between WinNY 1 and WinNY 2.
- Bonus Points for providing a script or source code to perform the detection.
I have located both versions 1 and 2 of the the p2p software... I'll begin working on identifying them on the network soon. Stay tuned for further progress and good luck to anyone else participating.blog comments powered by Disqus