CERT on Securing your web browser
'Lo and behold, CERT has an excellent document on Securing your web browser! They cover IE, Firefox, and Safari -- three secure references for the three most popular browsers.
The documentation and links provided are great. I was actually surprised that they covered quite a bit of important topics and that the recommendations they gave are rather solid. To be honest, at first sight I was expecting a lot less.
However -- as good CERT's guide is, you won't want to miss our past blog posts on safe/secure browsing, which are stacking up like hot-cakes:
- 8 Firefox extensions towards safer browsing
- Firefox + httpOnly? While we're at it
- Client-side attacks: Protecting the most vulnerable
- Protecting the systems - Day 12 ITSM Vulnerability Assessment techniques
- Firefox 3 first impressions
- Security and safe browsing for Firefox